Monday, August 6, 2012

Fried flaky pastries stuffed with tuna


pastel5

Although it was more than 2 weeks late, I want to greet all Muslims "Ramadhan Mubarak". May Allah accept our deeds and forgive our sins. Aamiin. Ramadhan is like home and it's good to be home again. I'm sure all Muslims feel the same way as I do.

I've been busy recently and has left me with limited time for updating my blog, Facebook and twitter but I checked my mail couple of times everyday. But due to the hectic schedule, guess my tiring days, weeks or probably months are not over yet at least until the end of this year ! Yes, my life is like a roller coaster at the moment.

pastel4
(Homemade) - Pastel tuna / Fried flaky pastries stuffed with tuna

Do you remember my posts of Chinese flaky pastry ? The first is Green tea flaky pastry and second is Chocolate flaky pastry. This time I made fried flaky pastry, no bake ! This kind of snack is something we usually call pastel in Indonesia. The filling can be varied from vegetables, fish, chicken, egg or beef.

The original pastel (fried pastry) skin is made from thin pastry with half-moon shape and crimped edges. I remember when I was a kid I learned to make pastel crimp with play-dough and look, it helped me a lot when I make the real ones.:D

pastel1

Enjoy....

11 comments:

  1. Those look fantastic! What beautiful pastries. I bet they are addictive.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. how gorgeous! Tika these pastries look tempting , and perfect m sure they will be a crowd pleaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam Tika,
    I've been making this fried flaky pastries stuffed with sardine or chicken curry with potatoes and sometimes..shrimp curry with potatoes for the Iftar almost a week....my kids really love it soooo... much. Anyway wish you and your family a very "Blessed Ramadhan Kareem"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam Arina :) Glad someone out there enjoy this one for Iftar. Ramadhan Kareem to you too.

      Delete
  4. Love the pictures always...the pastry look so crunchy, can't wait to give it a try...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm imagining to fill this flaky pastry with cakalang pampis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to leave comment on my post. I will respond as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...